These 4 Ingredient Chicken Tacos are incredibly tasty. We like to top our soft flour tortillas, or corn tortillas, with this Mexican shredded chicken, shredded cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce, and diced fresh tomato or homemade salsa. This recipe has just a few simple ingredients and 8 easy steps.
Why I love this recipe
The chicken taco meat cooks slowly in your Crockpot slow cooker and comes out moist, juicy, and tender for an easy dinner the entire family will love. The chicken mixture can also be served over cilantro lime rice, on tortilla chips, in a taco salad, or as burrito bowls.
As an Amazon Associate, I may make a small commission, at no additional cost, if you purchase through product affiliate links in this post.
Have you seen my Cookbook?
(amounts are listed in the recipe card at the bottom of the post)
boneless skinless chicken
taco tortillas or shells
Substitutions and Additions
To spice it up try adding some chili powder, green chiles, cayenne pepper, chipotle peppers, or hot sauce.
You can also use homemade chicken taco seasoning instead of using a seasoning packet.
Try adding some black beans and topping them with your favorite taco toppings.
You can use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of breasts.
Equipment used for this recipe
How to make 4 Ingredient Chicken Tacos
Step 1 – Add the chicken broth to a 4-quart slow cooker crock pot.
Step 2 – Sprinkle half the seasoning over the broth.
Step 3 – Place chicken breasts into the slow cooker.
Step 4 – Then sprinkle the rest of the seasoning on top of the chicken.
Step 5 – Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
Step 6 – Once it’s ready, take two forks and shred chicken inside the slow cooker. Be careful because the pot is hot.
Step 7 – Stir to combine with the juices.
Step 8 – Serve the cooked chicken in a soft tortilla with your favorite toppings such as shredded cheddar, shredded lettuce, and diced tomato.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days.
Chicken tacos are great served with guacamole, refried beans, Spanish rice, Pico de Gallo, chips and salsa, and Mexican street corn.
You may also enjoy
4 Ingredient Chicken Tacos are incredibly tasty. They are super easy and cook low and slow in your Crockpot slow cooker. Soft flour tortillas are filled with flavorful pulled chicken, shredded cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce, and diced fresh tomato. This lazy chicken recipe has just a few ingredients and only 8 steps.
- 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup of low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 8 soft taco tortillas (or hard taco shells)
- Optional toppings - shredded cheddar, shredded lettuce, diced tomato, sour cream, salsa, taco sauce, hot sauce, Pico de Gallo, etc.
- Add the chicken broth to a 4-quart slow cooker crock pot.
- Sprinkle half the seasoning over the broth.
- Place the boneless chicken breast into the slow cooker.
- Then sprinkle the rest of the seasoning on top of the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Once it’s ready, take two forks and shred the chicken inside the slow cooker. Be careful because the pot is hot.
- Stir to combine with the juices.
- Serve the chicken in the taco shells with your favorite toppings such as shredded cheddar, shredded lettuce, and diced tomato.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days.
As an Amazon Associate I may make a small commission, at no additional cost to you, if you make a purchase through product links in this post.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 253Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 385mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 22g
Nutrition information is a guideline only, is calculated automatically by third party software, and absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.
This recipe is adapted from my other site Zona Cooks and serves just 2 people.
Hi and welcome. Here you will find easy recipes, some are quick recipes, recipes that take very little effort, or recipes that have few ingredients. I’m Zona and I’m an at-home cook. I love creating recipes for easy dinners or desserts.